GOAA and the Florida Department of Health (DOH) are offering FREE COVID-19 virus testing for Orlando International Airport employees. The testing is available only TUESDAY, WEDNESDAY and THURSDAY this week. The details and sign up-process are listed below. Please share this information with all employees, so that they are aware of this opportunity and able to participate.
- Free COVID-19 Virus(not Antibody) Testing for all Airport Employees
- Employees must show SIDA Badge or proof they work at the airport, prior to being tested.
- Employees should work with their Supervisor or Manager to avoid scheduling conflicts.
- Passengers, Family, and Friends are not eligible to be tested at the airport site.
- If you are symptomatic, please contact your physician for further instructions and to locate a community or private site testing location.
- If you have been advised by a health professional that you have been directly exposed and need to be tested or self-quarantine, you are not eligible to be tested at the airport site.
- Testing will be conducted on Tuesday (6/9), Wednesday (6/10), and Thursday (6/11) from 8:30 am to 4:00pm each day.
- Testing will occur in the Main Terminal near the Security Checkpoint for Gates 1-59, past the CNN News Store in GOAA’s Conference Room Quimby.
- For employees who work in the Annex, the Annex-Terminal shuttle will be operating on the specified testing days.
- Contact the Florida Department of Health Call Center to register and make an appointment at (407)723-5004.
- Please answer all the questions asked completely and to the best of your knowledge.
- Please advise the Call Center staff that you want to be tested at the airport and who you work for, Airline, GOAA, TSA, etc.
- Appointments are REQUIRED and can be made up to 1:00pm the day prior to the testing date.
- Appointments for Tuesday can be made now until 1:00 pm on Monday(6/8)
- Appointments for Wednesday can be made now until 1:00pm on Tuesday(6/9)
- Appointments for Thursday can be made now until 1:00pm on Wednesday(6/10)
- Please advise your employer of your appointment for testing if you are scheduled to work, so that you can make your appointment time.
- Please be on time.If you are 5 minutes early that is perfect, please do not be late!
- The test will be a nasal swab and should take no more than 10 minutes to complete.
- DOH Staff will provide a website to check for your results, this should take about 72 hours.
- Since you are not symptomatic nor have been directly exposed, you may return to work while waiting for your results. However, you should be following the encouraged protective measures by being attentive to social distancing and wearing your facial covering when around others at all times.This holds true even if you receive a negative test result.
If you have any questions, issues, or concerns at any time during this process, please ask any of the DOH Staff or your employer for assistance.