Description and Instructions to Apply
A Wheelchair Attendant works at an airport facility and provides assistance to passengers traveling in wheelchairs. Responsibilities include pushing passengers in a wheelchair to and from their arrival/departure gate, and assisting passengers with moving luggage to their vehicles, taxi stands, parking shuttle stations, and rental car stations. Wheelchair Attendants must maintain a friendly and positive attitude and always be attentive to each passenger’s individual needs.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Push wheelchair passengers to and from gates • Roll customer-occupied wheelchair safely down the jet bridge • Ensure wheel brakes are in place prior to allowing passengers to exit the wheelchair • Complete any necessary wheelchair or incident reports • Follow dispatcher gate orders • Maintains a friendly and positive attitude and is attentive to each passenger’s individual needs; by assisting passenger with any problems, questions, or concerns • Maintain professional working relationships with fellow employees, supervisors, managers, airline employees, and airport authorities • Exceed customer service standards • Carry out other duties as assigned
- Ability to work various shifts
• Strong customer service skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Able to hear and respond to the spoken voice and to audible alarms generated by terminal environment
• High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) is preferred.
• Ability to obtain an airport badge
• Must be 18 years of age and eligible to work in US
• Must be able to pass a criminal background check and a drug screen.
• Must possess a valid Driver's License
Physical Requirements / Work Environment:
- Continuously stand and walk for 6-8 hours
• Must be able to push airline passengers of significant weight
• Be able to lift up to 70 lbs., push and pull 200+ lbs. on an incline
• Able to work in outside weather conditions.
• Be able to bend, stretch, twist, squat, and reach out with the body, arms, and/or legs
Our ideal candidate has similar work experience and is customer service oriented with the ability to multi-task. As a leading service provider, we commonly introduce cutting edge technologies into the organization, which drives the need for challenge seekers interested in mastering new skills. In addition, we often work in team environments where strong organizational and communication skills lead to success.
To apply, please visit http://www.bagsinc.com/careers